Thursday, August 12, 2010

Portion Control....Your Best Friend...


So todays post is a bit more of a reminder than anything else. So you're eating the right foods and exercising, yet you aren't seeing movement on the scale right? I have had the same problem. Then I really started looking hard at not just what I was eating, but also just how much I was eating too. I noticed that even though I was eating healthier foods I was still not eating the correct portions. So now I carefully watch not only what I eat, but how much of it I eat as well. For instance, the meats we buy are always in large portions. I purchased a scale and now cut the proper portion off of the original piece of meat. I have all new measuring cups and spoons to meansure out everything I need. My next purchase to make eating proper portions super simple for us is to get the portion plates. I have seen these while cruising websites and the internet and they seem to be catching on with people. The plates make it super easy on portion sizes! Below you can find a link to a site where you can get your own portion plates. Will you be getting one or more? 



To get a little off topic for a moment...I weighed in today and I am down a total of -1.8 pounds since last week! Seeing this drop in the scale has made me more determined than ever to keep doing the right things and making smarter healthier choices. I have been receiving a lot of support from my online friends via twitter and facebook. This means the world to me as I don't have a very strong support systerm here at home to push me when I'm feeling down. However these friends of mine have shown me that with a little willpower and support, I can do anything that I want to do. As the saying goes..."Reach for the moon, and if you happen to miss you will land among the stars" I don't know about you, but even landing on a star sounds pretty awesome to me! Don't forget to check out the links below for the portions plates and proper food portion sizes. They are always great things to keep handy I think. 


XOXO,
MaryBeth

No comments:

Post a Comment